Trade Marketing Specialist
HIRING: Trade Marketing Specialist, Toronto
At BIO RAW we take food seriously, and work hard to create a synergy between nutritional requirements and great taste. We’re a start-up in hyper-growth mode, building a brand and providing consumers with exceptional nutritional value. 100% organic, nutrient-dense, plant-based, gluten-free. Better for the environment and the food system. We’re building a high-performance team to continue to drive this success! We currently retail our products in about 50 grocery stores across the city and we are looking for a special person to be on the front lines and represent our brand at activations across the city as well as manage new business development to help grow our direct home and office delivery, model. Due to our rapid growth, we are looking for a strong team player who can help capitalize on the growing demands of our products across the GTA.
The Trade Marketing Specialist is a key member of the marketing team for BIO RAW. They will play a key role in establishing a strong and sustainable business at retail stores and will be instrumental in growing the BIO RAW brand over the long-term, with quality over quantity being a key to success.
MUST HAVE FULL-TIME ACCESS TO A VEHICLE!
- Execute product sampling at retail stores that carry BIO RAW for a minimum of 31 hours per week
- Single shifts should be a minimum of 4 hours and not exceed 6 hours unless attending a tradeshow or consumer event
- Manage and oversee your monthly demo calendar on Asana and Google
- Attend company tradeshows and consumer events on weekends when feasible
- Attend out of town company events when feasible
- Implement store banner strips and wobblers on a monthly basis
- Manage, retain and grow independent retail accounts in Eastern Canada
- Oversee the regional sales budget, ensuring that the best return is made on all dollars spent
- Working alongside the marketing team, collaborate on the best mix of sales and marketing tactics to drive awareness of the brand pre-purchase, conversion at retail, and consumer loyalty post-purchase
- Develop and oversee a monthly promotional planner for all trade channels, and ensure alignment with procurement and operations
- Represent the company at trade shows, retail and industry functions
- Ensures all trade marketing materials are executed throughout the region
- Self-Starter / Follow through: make it happen, be positive, find solutions, don’t take no for an answer
- Drive: you like to win and the challenge of doing better tomorrow than you did today
- Collaborative: we’re a tribe (full-timers, part-timers, advisors, board) that values working together and sharing to make us smarter, faster
- Adaptable: we’re a start-up and we all need to be versatile and open to helping out with what needs to get done
- Leadership: proactive, connect dots, ask questions, inspire- this role will change quickly as we grow quickly – demonstrate the capability to rise and grow your leadership and ownership
- Thinking/Problem solving: not worried about “mistakes” – just catch and fix and learn, think on your feet, use analysis and numbers and facts to organize recommendations, draw out key conclusions and make decisions